Bobo O’Bannon vs Sam Shewmaker and Tyler Goodjohn vs Charles Bennett top the marquee for BKFC 15 this Friday.
- BKFC 15 goes Friday, December 11th, 2020 at 7 PM EST
- Who wins the heavyweight headliner and does Tyler Goodjohn make a successful debut?
- Check out the fight odds, analysis, and predictions below
BKFC 15 emanates from Biloxi Civic Center in Biloxi, Mississippi on December 11th, 2020. The latest offering from Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship will broadcast on the Bare-Knuckle TV app.
There’s a possible heavyweight title eliminator in the main event here but, there is a myriad of fun bouts from top to bottom.
BKFC 15 Odds
|Bobo O Bannon||+175|
Odds taken Dec. 9
Bobo O’Bannon’s Short Notice BKFC 15 Bout
Sam Shewmaker was originally supposed to toe the line against Valor BK tournament winner/BKFC debutant Mark Godbeer but will instead knuckle up with late replacement Bobo O’Bannon.
Due to a positive COVID test result, Mark Godbeer is out of BKFC 14. Undefeated BKFC heavyweight Bobo O’Bannon has stepped up to face Sam Shewmaker in the main-event! pic.twitter.com/g2W2LzDoMg
— Bare Knuckle FC (@bareknucklefc) December 6, 2020
This is a relatively quick turnaround for O’Bannon who fought less than two months ago in an outing that saw him stop heavy-handed MMA vet Mike Kyle at BKFC’s Toe The Line 2.
Conversely, it has been over twenty months since Shewmaker has competed in BKFC, but he has had a pair of gloved boxing bouts in the interim.
Sam Shewmaker’s Return to Bare Knuckle
Shewmaker’s lone bare-knuckle boxing defeat came in the inaugural BKFC heavyweight championship bout via split decision to Arnold Adams.
The Hillbilly Hammer has been a stalwart with the promotion. He has been competing with them on and off since the first-ever BKFC card.
Considering the present rankings hierarchy in heavyweight bare-knuckle boxing, this fight could do a lot to inform who challenges next for Joey Beltran’s Police Gazette and BKFC championships.
O’Bannon holds a one hundred percent finishing rate. Shewmaker owns one of the most iconic KO’s in BKFC history, and that creates tangible electricity realizing the fight could end at any time.
BKFC 15 Main Event Tale of the Tape
|Eric Prindle and Maurice Jackson||Significant Wins||Troy Beets and Mike Kyle|
I just think Shewmaker has faced the superior quality of competition. That will ultimately shine through here despite what I believe will be a spirited effort from O’Bannon.
In summation, I see Sam Shewmaker getting the victory at BKFC 15.
Pick: Sam Shewmaker (-250)
Tyler Goodjohn vs Charles Bennett
When I spoke with Tyler Goodjohn ahead of this bout, he seemed cool and collected despite having quite the bright spotlight on him here.
Goodjohn has carved out his name on the BKB circuit and became featherweight champion in the UK before this North American foray.
Charles Bennett is one of the most infamous combat sports characters of this generation and, has endeared himself to MMA fans worldwide with his bombastic, one of a kind personality.
Though he hasn’t generated idealistic results in BKFC (0-2 overall), Bennett cannot be described as a guy that ducks elite bare-knuckle competition.
Bennett is always an exciting combatant but is a journeyman fighter. He has yet to taste victory in bare-knuckle ahead of Friday’s contest.
In Goodjohn’s prior bare-knuckle boxing outings, he bested fighters with winning records who fought at a championship level.
I see Tyler Goodjohn winning his promotional debut in the BKFC 15 co-feature.
Pick: Tyler Goodjohn (-450)
Main Card Picks for BKFC 15
- Dakota Cochrane vs Tyler Vogel: Cochrane is presently the number two ranked fighter at 195 pounds per the official Police Gazette rankings. Vogel made his BKFC debut less than a month ago in what ultimately was a losing effort. I believe Cochrane maintains his spotless BKFC record this Friday night. Pick: Dakota Cochrane (-175)
- Chris Sarro vs Josh Burns: This is another noteworthy bout for the heavyweight hierarchy as Sarro vs Burns sees #5 and #3, per the official Police Gazzette rankings, compete. I’m going with Burns here, but this is a real pick-em fight. Pick: Josh Burns (-105)
- Jennifer Clausius vs Sheena Starr: Starr has the experience edge over the debutant Clausis, but she has tasted back to back KO defeats over the course of cultivating her 1-2 BKFC record. I think with Clausis’ familiarity with clinch positions from her MMA efforts and her career trajectory compared to Starr’s, the former beats the latter in this one. Pick: Jennifer Clausius (-250)
A part-time writer and full-time broadcaster, Dylan has hosted MMA talk shows Lights Out and Pure Fight Radio with featured guests like Jens Pulver, Roy Nelson, Miesha Tate, and covered some of the biggest MMA promotions like Rumble in the Cage, Unified MMA, and King of the Cage.