Warning: Undefined array key "post_type_share_twitter_account" in /var/www/vhosts/casinonewsblogger.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/cryptocurrency/vslmd/share/share.php on line 24

Posted on: September 6, 2023, 08:45h. 

Last updated on: September 6, 2023, 08:45h.

A guest at Hollywood Casino at Greektown in Detroit last Thursday found numerous roaches in a cup after he drank Pepsi, according to a report.

A roach
A roach, pictured above. A visitor at a Detroit casino said he found roaches in his soda cup. (Image: Planet Friendly Pest Control)

The man identified as Jarome Quinney said there were “a whole bunch of roaches” in the cup, Detroit TV station WJBK reported on Tuesday.

He had just filled one cup with Pepsi from a soda fountain at the gaming property.

Quinney didn’t see anything unusual when having his first soda. It was when filling up for the second drink when he saw the roaches.

“As I came back for a refill, I grabbed my old top and then grabbed a new cup, and as soon as I grabbed a new cup, … a whole bunch of roaches were coming out of my cup,” Quinney told the TV station.

(I felt) disgusting,” he added. “I went to the bathroom and threw up. I don’t know if a roach came out or not.”

He quickly lost taste for drinking more beverages. He also wasn’t interested in gambling anymore.

Other Guests Drinking

When he went back to the fountain area, he saw three or four visitors drinking from cups, as well.

I was like, whoa,” Quinney recalled. “That means anyone that was hot or gambling and came for a drink they most definitely got contaminated.”

He then told casino employees about the bugs in the cup. Quinney wanted to let a higher-up person at the casino know about the incident.

But he felt like he got the runaround, he told the station.

However, the casino did take action.

Deep Cleaning

Out of an abundance of caution, we…contracted with Ecolab who examined the area and they confirmed that there was no additional evidence or infestation concerns,” the casino said in a statement to WJBK.

The casino undertook a “deep cleaning” in the area of the fountain and other self-service soda stations, Jeff Morris, the casino’s vice president of public affairs and government relations, told the station.

WJBK also contacted Detroit’s health department. Their staff was to investigate the situation.

Health Risks

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), roaches can spread bacteria, parasites, and pathogens. Among the bacteria are salmonella, staphylococcus, streptococcus, and hepatitis A.

Those can lead to skin infections, food poisoning, and pneumonia, the federal agency reported.

The presence of roaches have also been linked to asthma in children.

Source link