Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady looks down as he sits on the bench during the second half of an NFL football game against the Los Angeles Rams Sunday, Sept. 26, 2021, in Inglewood, Calif. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
- Barstool Sportsbook has a special promotion for Thursday Night Football in Week 6
- If the Philadelphia Eagles get at least one sack against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, participating customers will win $52
- See the full details, terms, and conditions, below
This Thursday (Oct. 14), the Philadelphia Eagles host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on TNF. That means Tampa QB Tom Brady will be going head-to-head with the last team to beat him in the Super Bowl.
Back in Super Bowl 52 (2017), Brady’s New England Patriots fell 41-33 to the Nick Foles-led Eagles, despite Brady throwing for three touchdowns and over 500 yards. To commemorate the rematch (of sorts), Barstool is offering new customers a fun promo: bet $1 on the Philadelphia/Tampa Bay game and win $52 if the Eagles get a sack.
How to Claim Barstool’s Eagles/Buccaneers Promo
In order to claim this offer, register at Barstool, use the promo code “DIME 52” during the sign-up process, deposit at least $10 into your account, and then place a minimum $1 wager on this week’s Thursday Night Football game.
If the Eagles record one or more sacks in the game, your account will be credited with $52 in sportsbook cash.
Barstool’s Eagles/Buccaneers Promo Terms and Conditions
This promo is subject to the following terms and conditions
- Only new customers are eligible for this promotion.
- Customers must use the promo code “DIME52” during the sign-up process to opt-in to this promo.
- Customers must deposit at least $10 into their sportsbook account.
- Customers must wager at least $1 (real money, not bonus funds) on the Eagles/Buccaneers matchup (the “qualifying wager”).
- The qualifying wager can be on any Eagles/Bucs market (e.g. moneyline, spread, total, etcetera).
- Limit one per customer.
- Customers must be resident in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, or Virginia
Will the Eagles Get a Sack?
Unlike many new-customer promotions, this one is not a gimme. Brady has now played 21 regular-season games with the Bucs. He’s finished six of those without taking a sack (five last season plus Week 1 this season against Dallas).
Looking a little deeper, though, customers will start to feel more confident that this promotion will cash in.
Javon Hargrave vs Panthers:
– 3 tackles
– 1 tackle for loss
– 1 sack
– 2 QB hits
— Thomas R. Petersen (@thomasrp93) October 10, 2021
The Eagles’ pass rush is in the upper-half of the league for sacks with 11 in five games. Last season, they finished third in the NFL with 49 in 16 games. All together, they are averaging 2.8 sacks per game since the start of 2020.
Also, according to ProFootballFocus, Philly’s pass rush is rated second in the 32-team league at 85.2 this season, while the Tampa Bay pass protection rates a surprisingly dismal 23rd (70.7 grade).
Looking at the Tampa games where Brady stayed upright for the full 60 minutes, five of the six came at home. The only one that came on the road was in October 2020 in Las Vegas, against a Raiders pass rush that finished fourth-last in the league in sacks last season.
The relevant historical data strongly suggests the Eagles will get at least one sack during Thursday night’s game.
Sascha was a hockey player in his youth, a lawyer in his capricious mid-20s, and has now been an assigning editor, writer, and lead oddsmaker for SBD for over five years. He covers everything you can possibly put odds on, but specializes in football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.