Posted on: July 28, 2022, 07:34h. 

Last updated on: July 28, 2022, 07:34h.

A second suspect was arrested Wednesday in connection with the June 19 fatal shooting at the Fremont Street Experience (FSE), according to a news report. He was identified as Fabian Carmona, 21. He was stabbed during the confrontation, police revealed.

Raymond Renova, in a GoFundMe photo
Raymond Renova, in a GoFundMe photo, pictured above. He was shot at the Fremont Street Experience, and later died. Two suspects have been charged. (Image: GoFundMe)

Carmona is charged with open murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy murder, KLAS, a local TV station, reported. He allegedly began the fight that eventually escalated to the shooting, police said.

Raymond Renova, 23, was seriously wounded by gunfire at the FSE. He was rushed to University Medical Center, and later died from his injuries. An innocent bystander was also injured. His wounds were not life-threatening.

Carmona allegedly “threw the first punch,” court documents said. He also stomped on a victim, the documents claim. Carmona was being held this week without bail, KLAS said.

A local judge signed a warrant for Carmona’s arrest earlier in July.

First Arrest

The first suspect arrested for the shooting is Ruben Robles, who was 16 at the time. He faces murder, attempted murder, and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit charges.

Renova got into an argument with Carmona and Robles at an unnamed casino, KLAS said.

Renova worked as a tattoo artist and lived in Las Vegas. Kristy Santacruz, Renova’s aunt, told KLAS the shooter committed “the act of a coward.

“These were two young men being beaten and stomped on and then shot in the face,” Santacruz said about the victims.

Renova was eulogized by family and friends. An online fundraiser collected $5,771.

He was a young, loving son, brother, uncle and cousin that literally had his whole life ahead of him before it was tragically cut short due to gun violence,” a GoFundMe posting said. “His murder was senseless and has left our family in a lifelong cycle of pain.”

More Security at FSE

The fatal shooting and other violent incidents in downtown Las Vegas have led to increased safety measures at or near the FSE during weekends. It is a popular downtown pedestrian mall.

FSE crowds now have to go through metal detectors, have their bags checked, and their IDs screened. The new safeguards include a limited weekend curfew on those under 21 years of age.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) has also upped its presence on and around Fremont Street downtown on weekends. More security guards are out in force at the FSE, too.

The upped police presence on and around Fremont Street will continue through the summer, if not longer, KVVU, a local TV station, said. FSE has permission for the security checks through November, the report adds.

Many of the new safeguards apparently came out of a meeting organized by Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman. Among those attending were downtown Las Vegas business leaders, police officials and city leaders.

Officials are also considering expanding the current city of Las Vegas curfew on minors, which regulates those under 18 years of age. It would be upped to3

include those between 18 and 20 if enacted.



Source link