Warning: Undefined array key "post_type_share_twitter_account" in /var/www/vhosts/casinonewsblogger.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/cryptocurrency/vslmd/share/share.php on line 24
Scenes from the Cat Walk before the game against rival Louisville in Saturday’s Governors Cup college football game. Nov. 26, 2022.
Louisville Vs Kentucky 2022 Football
- Kentucky will be the latest state to launch sports betting
- Retail sports betting is set to kick off at 10 a.m. with Gov. Andy Beshear (D) placing the first bet at Churchill Downs
- Kentucky online sports betting will launch on Thursday, Sept. 28
Kentucky sports betting will officially begin at retail sportsbooks tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 7, at 10 a.m. as Gov. Andy Beshear (D) places the first bet in the state at Churchill Downs.
Kentucky will officially become the 35th state in the country with live sports betting when it opens sportsbook locations at several licensed tracks tomorrow. The Kentucky online sports betting launch is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 28.
Beshear has not revealed what his first bet will be.
Kentucky Sports Betting Is 18 and Older
Kentucky is one of the few states in the country with legalized sports betting to allow residents who are 18 and older to participate. Churchill Downs Racetrack will allow those who are 18-or-older to enter its sportsbook to place bets. The other five licensed Churchill Downs Inc. tracks are 21 and older.
All retail sports betting partnerships have been announced between tracks and operators as well. Kambi will operate retail sportsbooks for Churchill Downs, Churchill Downs’ satellite location Derby City Gaming, Ellis Park Henderson, Turfway Park, and Oak Grove.
DraftKings will operate the retail sportsbook at Cumberland Run and its satellite locations, Caesars will run the Red Mile’s retail sportsbook, and BetMGM will run Sandy’s Gaming and Racing when it opens.
The follow locations will be offering brick-and-mortar sports betting beginning tomorrow:
- Churchill Downs
- Cumberland Run
- Derby City Gaming
- Ellis Park in Henderson
- Newport Racing and Gaming
- The Mint Gaming Hall at Cumberland Run in Corbin
- The Mint Gaming Hall at Cumberland Run in Williamsburg
- Oak Grove
- Turfway Park
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission also issued temporary facility licenses to three locations that have yet to open. Derby City Gaming, Ellis Park in Owensboro, and Sandy’s Gaming and Racing will open at a future date.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission also approved the state’s initial sports betting catalogue last week.
The Kentucky sports betting catalogue will allow bets on eSports, Japan Nippon Professional Baseball, FIBA sanctioned basketball events, and cycling events sanctioned by the Union Cycliste International.
Other markets include:
- Canadian Football League
- LIV Golf
- Netball (ANZ Premiership and Super Netball)
- Sailing (Americas Cup)
- X Games
- Winter and Summer Olympics
- Major League Eating Sanctioned Events
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest
Online Sports Betting on Thursday, Sept. 28
Kentucky online sports betting is also set to debut on Thursday, Sept. 28. The time has yet to be announced.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission have approved the first eight initial online sports betting operators for Kentucky sports betting. The following operators received approval of their temporary sports betting service provider licenses. If the operators meet certain conditions, the temporary licenses will be eligible to become permanent licenses.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission also unveiled a complete list of partnerships between the online sports betting operators and licensed tracks. They are as follows:
- DraftKings (Cumberland Run and its satellite location)
- FanDuel (Turfway Park and its satellite location, Newport Racing and Gaming)
- BetMGM (Sandy’s Gaming and Racing)
- Caesars Sportsbook (The Red Mile)
- Bet365 (Sandy’s Gaming and Racing)
- Circa Sports (Cumberland Run and its satellite location)
- PENN Sports Interactive (Ellis Park Henderson and Owensboro)
- Fanatics Sportsbook (Oak Grove)
DraftKings announced it will allow those who are 18 and older to use its online sports betting app.
“DraftKings is committed to following the age restrictions set forth by each individual jurisdiction,” said Griffin Finan, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, DraftKings.
Bet365 will also allow those who are 18 or older to use its app.
Rob covers all regulatory developments in online gambling. He specializes in US sports betting news along with casino regulation news as one of the most trusted sources in the country.