Los Angeles Angels’ Shohei Ohtani, center, greets teammate Mike Trout, right, while Seattle Mariners catcher Luis Torrens looks on after Ohtani hit a solo home run during the third inning of a baseball game Friday, April 30, 2021, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
- The Opening Day pitching matchups and batting orders have been set
- Only seven games are on the Opening Day schedule, which starts at 2:20 pm ET
- Below, see the Opening Day starting pitchers and batting orders for all games
The 2022 MLB season starts today with the Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs at 2:20 pm ET. Two games were postponed (Yankees vs Red Sox and Mariners vs Twins) leaving just seven games on the schedule for April 7.
The starting lineups and pitching matchups can be found below. This page will be updated throughout the day as more lineups become official.
|2B||Kolten Wong||Rafael Ortega||DH|
|SS||Willy Adames||Nick Madrigal||2B|
|LF||Christian Yelich||Willson Contreras||C|
|DH||Andrew McCutchen||Ian Happ||LF|
|1B||Rowdy Tellez||Frank Schwindel||1B|
|RF||Hunter Renfroe||Seiya Suzuki||RF|
|C||Omar Narvaez||Jason Heyward||CF|
|CF||Lorenzo Cain||Patrick Wisdom||3B|
|3B||Jace Peterson||Nico Hoerner||SS|
|Pitcher||Corbin Burnes||Kyle Hendricks||Pitcher|
- Reigning NL Cy Young-winner Corbin Burnes gets the start for Milwaukee. He starts the 2022 season as the second-favorite in the NL Cy Young odds.
- Cubs Japanese import Seiya Suzuki is favored in the NL Rookie of the Year odds.
|Pitcher||Shane Bieber||Zack Greinke||Pitcher|
- Cleveland starter Shane Bieber is back in action after managing just 96.2 innings last season. He is the second-favorite in the AL Cy Young odds, trailing only New York’s Gerrit Cole.
- Royals SS Bobby Witt Jr starts the 2022 season as the favorite in the AL Rookie of the Year odds.
|Pitcher||JT Brubaker||Adam Wainwright||Pitcher|
- The Pirates and Cardinals start the season a full 21 games apart in the MLB win totals. St Louis’ win total has been set at 85.5. Pittsburgh is at a league-low 64.5.
|Pitcher||Tyler Megill||Patrick Corbin||Pitcher|
- With Max Scherzer and Jacob deGrom both on the shelf due to injuries, youngster Tylor Megill gets the Opening Day nod for the Mets, who sit sixth in the 2022 World Series odds at +1200.
- Washington’s Juan Soto (+320) is a big favorite in the NL MVP odds, followed by Atlanta’s Ronald Acuna Jr. (+800).
|Pitcher||Tyler Mahle||Max Fried||Pitcher|
- The Atlanta Braves start their quest for a second straight World Series title as the fifth-favorite in the World Series odds, despite losing perennial All Star Freddie Freeman to the Dodgers.
|Pitcher||Framber Valdez||Shohei Ohtani||Pitcher|
- Reigning AL MVP Shohei Ohtani starts the 2022 MLB season as the favorite in the AL MVP odds, slightly ahead of teammate Mike Trout and Toronto’s Vlad Guerrero Jr.
|Pitcher||Yu Darvish||Madison Bumgarner||Pitcher|
Sascha was a hockey player in his youth, a lawyer in his capricious mid-20s, and has now been an assigning editor, writer, and lead oddsmaker for SBD for over seven years. He covers everything you can possibly put odds on, but specializes in football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.