he PGCB last week released its 14th Annual Diversity Report providing a description of each casino’s activities related to the implementation of their diversity plans and the action taken by the entities to achieve the Commonwealth’s goal of enhanced representation of diverse groups in the gaming industry.
The Diversity Report includes:
- Employment breakdowns for the industry statewide and by each casino that was operational for the entirety of the fiscal year.
- Demographic data for the host and surrounding counties of each casino to provide perspective to employment figures.
- Casino purchasing with private sector businesses.
- An update on two new casino facilities and the economic impact of each to date
- Information on the impact of the Covid-19 coronavirus on Pennsylvania’s gaming industry.
The land-based casino industry in Pennsylvania consists of six racetrack (Category 1) casinos, five stand-alone (Category 2) casinos, two resort (Category 3) casinos and two mini-casinos (Category 4). Casino expansion will continue over the next couple of years with the anticipated openings of up to three additional Category 4 casinos. A significant job generator in the Commonwealth, casinos and the other types of Board-regulated gaming is expected to generate over $1.8 billion in tax revenue during the 2021/2022 State Fiscal Year.
The Report can be downloaded as a PDF document from this link.