We recap some stories you may have missed including some fun stats from WCOOP and the latest winners from the Poker Masters.
Gostisa wins WPT World Championship
We’ve had WCOOP and WSOP online conclude their Main Events, all that is left is to report on is the WPT Online Main Event at partypoker.
1,178 players took part in the $5,300 Main Event and the final table included an in-form Talal Shakerchi and David Peters.
They all played second fiddle to Rok Gostisa, however, who took it down for $959,492 after this insane final hand:
What an incredible final hand!
— partypoker (@partypoker) September 14, 2021
This year’s WCOOP was the biggest of all time and PokerStars have just published some interesting stats from series.
- There were 1,428,869 entries including 294,277 re-entries across 306 events
- $122,340,165 was awarded including $18,342,344 in first place money
- $3,102,427 was awarded in bounties
- The $5.50 Phase event attracted 141,219 entries
- Talal ‘raidalot’ Shakerchi won the overall leaderboard after winning the most WCOOP titles – three in total
- Brazil had the most title winners with 57
- They also had the most runners up with 54
- Yuri ‘theNERDguy’ Martins became the first player to win a title in three consecutive WCOOPs, he also won three titles in this year’s series alone
Chidwick the latest Poker Masters winner
Prolific High Roller Stephen Chidwick took down yet another nosebleed title this week, winning the $10,000 No Limit event at the Poker Masters for $183,600.
The latest final table has just formed in the series in the $25,000 event with Daniel Negreanu, Ali Imsirovic, Daniel Negreanu, Jason Koon and Seth Davies still in contention.
The leaderboard for the ‘Purple Jacket’ is still wide open and will go down to the wire in the $100,000 Main Event this weekend. Here are the latest champions:
|Event #1: $10,000 No Limit||82||Shannon Shorr||$205,000|
|Event #2: $10,000 No Limit||86||Sean Perry||$206,400|
|Event #3: PLO||69||Adam Hendrix||$186,300|
|Event #4: $10,000 No Limit||73||Brock Wilson||$189,800|
|Event #5: $10,000 No Limit||66||Daniel Negreanu||$178,200|
|Event #6: $10,000 8-Game||30||Maxx Coleman||$120,000|
|Event #7: $10,000 No Limit||68||Stephen Chidwick||$183,600|
|Event #8: $25,000 No Limit||57||Christopher Brewer||$427,500|
|Event #9: $25,000 PLO||43||Miles Rampel||$365,500|
Norm playing poker
Poker and comedy lost one of the funniest people who ever lived this week. No doubt you’ll have seen plenty of footage of his stand-up this week, but here is a reminder that Norm Macdonald really loved the game of poker:
What is your favourite Norm moment? Let us know in the comments: