Warning: Undefined array key "post_type_share_twitter_account" in /var/www/vhosts/casinonewsblogger.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/cryptocurrency/vslmd/share/share.php on line 24
Tennessee Titans head Coach Mike Vrabel greets running back Tyjae Spears (32) as the team gets ready to face the Los Angeles Chargers at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tenn., Sunday, Sept. 17, 2023.
- In the Week 3 NFL picks against the spread, eight teams are showing a 2-0 ATS slate so far this season
- However, only the Tennessee Titans are 2-0 ATS and 2-0 as a betting underdog in both games
- All of the Week 3 NFL picks against the spread and early lines to target are outlined in the story below
Before looking at the Week 3 NFL picks against the spread and assessing the early lines to target, it’s important to first see how we got to this point in the season.
Two weeks into the campaign, there are still eight NFL teams that are 2-0 ATS. Narrowing the search down to teams that are 2-0 ATS as betting underdogs, just four teams remain – the Los Angeles Rams, Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers and Tennessee Titans.
Factor in teams that are 2-0 ATS as a betting underdog and also 2-0 straight up, then there’s only one name you have to remember – the Titans.
Is Tennessee worth riding again in the NFL odds in the Week 3 ATS picks? Let’s check out the possibilities.
Week 3 NFL Picks Against the Spread
|Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons||DET-3.5||ATL||1|
|Tennessee Titans vs Cleveland Browns||CL-3.5||TEN||1|
|Green Bay Packers vs New Orleans Saints||GB-2||GB||1|
Our top NFL ATS picks this week in the table above will feature plays on the Titans, Falcons and Packers.
Odds as of September 18 at BetMGM Sportsbook. Get this BetMGM promo code to bet on the NFL. For bettors in Kentucky, head over to BetMGM Kentucky to claim your pre-registration bonus as Kentucky sports betting gets set to launch on September 28.
NFL ATS Pick 1: Lions Up Against Another ATS Dynamo
Interesting stat about the Detroit Lions under head coach Dan Campbell. Against the rest of the NFL they are 24-9 ATS. When facing the Seattle Seahawks, the Lions under Campbell are 0-2 ATS and SU.
They failed to cover last week at home against Seattle. The Seahawks carved Detroit up for 393 yards of total offense and 37 points.
No matter how good you said Bijan Robinson was at draft time…he’s better!pic.twitter.com/pnZ815Qi6I
— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) September 18, 2023
Detroit’s defense tends to struggle against teams that can run the ball. Atlanta is #3 in NFL in rushing, averaging 170.5 yards per game. Another interesting stat – the Falcons are 4-0 ATS in their last four September games. We’ll back Atlanta in our early NFL picks against the spread this week.
ATS Picks: Atlanta Falcons +3.5 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 2: Titans Are Underdog Kings
Since Mike Vrabel took over as Tennessee head coach in 2018, the Titans have won outright an NFL-best 23 games when taking the field as the betting underdog. Sunday, they toppled the Los Angeles Chargers 27-24 in overtime as 2.5-point home underdogs.
The Titans have won an NFL-high 23 games as an underdog since 2018 ⚔️
Mike Vrabel is nobody’s underdog 💪 pic.twitter.com/uu3EIKI73G
— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) September 17, 2023
Cleveland will be playing host to Tennessee on a short week. The Browns are currently the 3.5-point home chalk, though that line could be impacted by the outcome of Cleveland’s MNF game at Pittsburgh. Tennessee is 6-2 SU and 5-3 ATS in the Titans’ last eight visits to Cleveland.
ATS Picks: Tennessee Titans +3.5 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 3: Pack Will Bounce Back
The youngest team in the NFL this season, the Packers threw a game away on Sunday at Atlanta that they should’ve won. But it’s also imperative to remember that Green Bay lost 25-24 on the road minus their two most explosive offensive players – RB Aaron Jones and WR Christian Watson.
It’s expected both will be back at home this week against the New Orleans Saints. The Saints are coming to Lambeau Field on a short week. Green Bay is 7-2 ATS in the past nine games when favored by less than a field goal at home.
ATS Picks: Green Bay Packers -2 (-110), 1 unit
Week 3 NFL Picks Against the Spread Quick Picks
- 49ers (-10.5) vs Giants: It seems a like a lot of points to lay until you remember what Dallas did to the Giants in Week 1
- Dolphins (-6.5) vs Broncos: The Dolphins are for real and the Broncos are still really bad
- Vikings (+1) vs Chargers: Two playoff teams from a year ago that are both 0-2. Also both traditional underachievers, but go with the Vikings at home
- Patriots (-3) vs Jets: New England coach Bill Belichick is 9-2 ATS in his last 11 games vs the Jets
- Bills (-6.5) vs Commanders: Buffalo flexed on the Raiders and reminded everyone just how good of a team the Bills can be
- Texans (+9.5) vs Jaguars: Jacksonville is 2-5 ATS in the last seven games against Houston
- Ravens (-7.5) vs Colts: Rookie QB Anthony Richardson (concussion) an uncertain starter for Indianapolis
- Seahawks (-4.5) vs Panthers: Facing the 12th man on a short week a tough assignment for Panthers rookie QB Bryce Young
- Bears (+13) vs Chiefs: Kansas City is 5-9 ATS in the last 14 games as a double-digit favorite
- Cardinals (+12.5) vs Cowboys: Arizona is 2-0 ATS, so giving the Cardinals 12.5 points might be a stretch for Dallas
- Raiders (+1) vs Steelers: Pittsburgh is 2-9 ATS in the last 11 games vs Raiders
- Buccaneers (+6.5) vs Eagles: Baker Mayfield and Tampa Bay (2-0 SU & ATS) among the early surprises of the NFL season
- Rams (+1.5) vs Bengals: Rams are 2-0 ATS and Bengals QB Joe Burrow (calf) might not play. Line already shortened from Cincinnati -6.5
An industry veteran, Bob literally taught the course on the history of sports at Elder College. He has worked as a Sports Columnist for Postmedia, appeared as a guest on several radio stations, was the Vice President of the Society For International Hockey Research in Ontario, and written 25 books.